Sunday, July 10, 2016
Peter H. Anderson - Embedded Processor Control
This is a combination of LCD PIC, an assembled printed circuit board from ModernDevice.com, a 20X4 LCD with Blue / White backlight and interfacing connector. - The Arduino Processor
Assembled Serial LCD with Blue LCD
Also - 68HC11 Assembly Language ProgrammingParallel Port Interfacing with 2, 3 and 4 Wire Serial Devices. BasicX, BASIC Stamp.
Friday, October 09, 2015
Termite Terminal - RS232 Interfacing - CompuPhase
Plug-in interface for pre-processing or alternative views of the data, logging received data to a file, adding a toolbar to Termite, and other functionality that you may think of.
It can also do ..
- A history of commands that you typed, with auto-completion.
- Support for non-standard Baud rates (MIDI, DMX512).
- Data can be forwarded between two RS232 ports.
The free Hyperterminal seemed to be missing, Now new and better feature rich terminals are available - Here's one from CompuPhase who are our kind of people the EE kind. This terminal ought to help serial port SBC development.
Hilgraeve Inc and HyperTerminal Hilgraeve's data communications software and Internet-based services enable businesses to become faster and more competitive through the use of electronic communications. HyperTerminal is an award winning terminal emulation program capable of connecting to systems through TCP/IP Networks, Dial-Up Modems, and COM ports.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Information about computers and how to interface them to all kind of equipment. Both software and hardware help is available. - Lammert Bies
- RS-232 specs
- RS-485 information
- The serial UART
- USB interface
- Modbus interface
- Unitronics RJ11
"only the data lines and signal ground are cross connected in the null modem communication cable. All other pins have no connection. An example of such a null modem cable without handshaking can be seen in the figure below."
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
- provides real-time data to your computer via serial port,
- interfaces up to four DS1820 temperature sensors,
- absolute accuracy near 0.5 degrees celcius (as per DS1820 specifications),
- relative accuracy near 0.01 degrees celcius,
- speaks in Centigrade or Fahrenheit (selectable by header pins),
- powered by your computer's serial port, no extra supply to organise,
- data format easily processed, no special programs required,
- minimal parts count reduces cost,
- built-in serial number for circuit identification,
- special versions available for exotic requirements; high speed, low speed, additional sensors, long distance or pedantic serial bus.
- spare inputs can be used as single-bit digital inputs, (feature removed from final version but can be re-inserted),